Traveling or Living in Tokyo area? Here is a way to support Tohoku's recovery while you are in Tokyo!
TOHOKU SAKE FORUM 2011, a charity event for the disaster areas of the Great East Japan Earthquake will be held at 3331 Arts Chiyoda, Tokyo, on July 3, 2011. It hosted by 30 Sake breweries from the 6 Tohoku prefectures, in which guests can learn a lot about the recovery of Tohoku sake breweries, while they enjoy sipping the brands and meet the brewery owner in person.
The event features:
- Report Sessions by the brewers from Iwate, Miyagi, and Fukushima Prefectures
- Symposiums and Talk Sessions presented by Energy/Food/Culture Specialists (Broadcasted online)
- An Exhibition of straightforward imagery of such at-risk breweries.
- Sake Tasting of various sake brands
Sunday, July 3, 2011.
1st SESSION (12:00 – 15:00) / 2nd SESSION (16:00 – 19:00)
At 3331 Arts Chiyoda
(6-11-14 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo 101-0021)
1 min walk from Suehirocho Station of Tokyo Metro Subway (Take 4-ban exit)
8 min walk from Akihabara Station (Take denkigaiguchi exit)
Ticket for Each Session is
2,000 Yen (Pre-Sale) / 2,500 Yen (Door)
* Available on e+ from Friday June 10.
* One admission includes 3 sake tickets. Additional ticket (after 4th ticket) will be available for sale at the site.
* Each session features a different content. It many change without notice.
● 1st SESSION (12:00 – 15:00 / First 250 People Only)
Sake Brands from Aomori, Akita, and Yamagata Prefectures
Think About Japanese Sake After the 3.11 – Part 1 (A Panel Discussion)
REPORT SEESSION 1:
The Present and Future of Iwate Prefecture
(Presented by Iwate Brewers)
REPORT SESSION 2:
The Present and Future of Miyagi Prefecture
(Presented by Miyagi Brewers)
TALK SESSION 1:
The Regional Culture After the 3.11
(Presented by Mr. Masato Nakamura of 3331 Arts Chiyoda,
Suminoe-shuzou from Miyagi Prefecture, et al.)
● 2nd SESSION (16:00 – 19:00 / First 250 People Only)
Sake Brands from Iwate, Miyagi, and Fukushima Prefectures
Think About Japanese Sake After the 3.11 – Part 2
REPORT SESSION 3:
The Present and Future of Fukushima Prefecture
(Presented by Fukushima Brewers)
TALK SESSION 2:
Environment, Energy, and Sake after the 3.11
(Presented by Mr. Tetsuya Iida of ISEP, Ms. Nao Suzuki of green.jp, et al.)
PARTICIPATING SAKE BREWERIES
31 Breweries (As of June 10)
Denshu / Houhai / Hatomasamune / Hatomasamune / Mutsuhassen
Gasanryu / Yamagatamasamune / Tatenogawa / Uyouotokoyama / Uyouikken / Wakanoi
Kikuzakari / Sekinoichi / Hamamusume / 2 others
Hitakami / Hakurakusei / Suminoe / Miyakanbai / Kenkon-ichi / Ichinozo / Hiwada
Abukuma / Iwakikotobuki / Aizumusume / Tenmei / Kokken / Naraman
E-mail : email@example.com
Twitter : @ TohokuSakeForum (Hashtag: #tsf2011)
Planner: Organizer : NEXT 5
Cosponsor : Zerodate Art Project
Planner : casane - tsumugu
Corporation: 3331 Arts Chiyoda & FoodLab